Saturday, May 16, 2009

Welcome!

Hello, and welcome to my corner of the "bloggosphere." What I hope to do with this blog is to share with you my development as a writer.

I have been writing for quite a while now -- over 20 years, actually. But most of it has been technical in nature. You see, I've been employed as a trainer / instructional designer, so most of what I write is instructional in nature. I've written on topics from the evolution of mankind (oops, humankind), how to use a variety of computer applications, customer service (specializing in dealing with irate customers), and even how to change a meter! Yep, I've written on a variety of topics from big to small. Over the years, I've received a lot of compliments on my work, mostly telling me how I can take a complex topic and make it easy to understand. It wasn't until about 9 months ago that I decided to expand my horizons a bit and start writing creatively. I signed up for a creative writing class at the local community college and I haven't looked back since. I've written a few short stories, and handful of poems, and even a non-fiction piece. I've been featured in the local paper and am trying to break through to a national publication.

What I hope to do with this blog is to document my trials and tribulations as an aspiring writer. I'll share with you my joys and triumphs as well and my failures and defeats (or "lessons learned" as I'm going to call them). I'll share my thoughts about the writing process and writers in general. I'll gripe about some of my fellow writers as well as sing their praises (although I won't mention many names).

I am not going to worry about spell checking my blog, or editing my blog entries. I do enough of that with my own writing (probably too much!). Instead, it's just going to be a brain dump of what I'm thinking at the time. Hopefully it'll make sense. Sometimes it won't and I'll just ramble. That's okay, because in ramblings there is some truth to be found, or at least I hope so!

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to many more posts. All the best of wishes...

    ReplyDelete