Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ROW80 Goals: First Draft

Okay...I've decided to plunge into ROW80 and here are my preliminary goals:

1) Read three writing magazines each month: Writer's Digest, Poets and Writers, and Writer. I have plenty of back issues and can get them from the library, or just resubscribe. Haven't decided yet.

2) Participate in Three Writer's Digest On-Line Seminars: I've always wanted to sign up for one of these but have never made the time. I want to change that.

3) Write One Short Story or Article Each Month: I have a lot in the queue, now it's time to get going on them. I am not going to count freelance or targeted articles, just ones I do for me.

4) One Submission/Query a Day: I have a lot on the shelf and other ideas, including a non-fiction book proposal, so while this seems like a lot, I do think I'll be able to get this done.

5) Three Blog Entries/Week for This Blog and My Customer Service Blog: This shouldn't be hard. I have plenty of topics. I do not plan to include my ROW80 check ins.

6) Sign Up For a Spring Semester Class

7) Customer Service / Techno-Thriller Book: Finish one chapter/week each.

8) Read Three Craft Books: Titles TBD but I have a few in mind. UPDATE: I am going to read Thanks, But This Isn't For Us, The Art of Compelling Fiction, The Portable MFA in Creative Writing, and Writer's Digest University.

UPDATE:

9) Read More Fiction: Three Fiction Books (Killer Angels, Angela's Ashes, and one other...), one to three short stories a week.

10) Read More Blogs/Emails: One blog, Writer's Digest email, and Every Day Fiction each day.

Okay writer friends, what do you think? Too much? Too little? Just write?

No comments:

Post a Comment