After one week with ROW80 I'm doing well on some goals and falling behind on others. Having said that, I will say that ROW80 has helped me complete one important task/goal: finish the revised proposal for my customer service book. It is done and off to the agent!
Here then is an update on my goals:
Okay...I've decided to plunge into ROW80 and here are my preliminary goals:
1) Read three writing magazines each month: I've read one so far this month and plan to stop by the library this afternoon to pick up more.
2) Participate in Three Writer's Digest On-Line Seminars: Nothing yet.
3) Write One Short Story or Article Each Month: Nothing yet.
4) One Submission/Query a Day: I sent out five queries this week so far: two on a non-fiction article I wrote about St. Albert and three on my customer service book.
5) Three Blog Entries/Week for This Blog and My Customer Service Blog: I've nailed this and have been on a roll. I also discovered the #custserv hashtag and have those in the customer service business reading and commenting on my customer service blog (http://zenofcustomerservice.blogspot.com)
6) Sign Up For a Spring Semester Class: Nothing yet.
7) Customer Service / Techno-Thriller Book: I'm stuck on my prologue. Much pressure to make sure the first few pages are spotless. Hoping to get past this soon.
8) Read Three Craft Books: Read the first chapter of The Art of Compelling Fiction.
9) Read More Fiction: Nothing yet. Stuck on a book about Saratoga.
10) Read More Blogs/Emails: I've been reading a lot of blogs, but not the emails or every day fiction as much as a I should.
I will probably spend the day working on my ROW80 goals and will update this post later.