After two weeks with ROW80 I'm doing well on some goals and falling behind on others. Having said that, I will say that ROW80 has helped me complete the revised proposal for my customer service book, get re-started on my techo-thriller, and query some of my other completed work. I have also been reading much more about the craft of writing and have been expanding my on-line presence (although not as much as I would like).
Here then is an update on my goals:
1) Read three writing magazines each month: I've read one so far this month and am in the middle of another.
2) Participate in Three Writer's Digest On-Line Seminars: I almost signed up for a webinar on finding an agent, but it was $90 and I wasn't sure it was worth it. I went to the library and borrowed a book on the same topic. I'm sure I'd get more out of webinar, but I don't think I have the attention span for one either. I may drop this goal.
3) Write One Short Story or Article Each Month: I've been doing a lot of rewriting/reworking.
4) One Submission/Query a Day: I queried my book, an article, and two short stories. Not one a day, but they are taking longer to write than I originally thought.
5) Three Blog Entries/Week for This Blog and My Customer Service Blog: I've nailed this and have been on a roll. I also discovered the #custserv hashtag and have those in the customer service business reading and commenting on my customer service blog (http://zenofcustomerservice.blogspot.com)
6) Sign Up For a Spring Semester Class: Nothing yet.
7) Customer Service / Techno-Thriller Book: Last week I was stuck on my prologue. I am now 1/2 through the second chapter. By next week I hope to be through chapter three. Haven' t done much on my customer service book since finishing the proposal.
8) Read Three Craft Books: Read the second chapter of The Art of Compelling Fiction.
9) Read More Fiction: Reading "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown since his work is similar to what I'm trying to write. I also checked out a collection of short stories by Raymond Carver and EL Doctorow.
10) Read More Blogs/Emails: I've been reading a lot of blogs, and have started to catch up on some of the many emails I get on a daily basis. It's been somewhat of a morning routine.
I will probably spend the day working on my ROW80 goals and will update this post later.